|Notice on Airline Boarding Requirements for the Health Code from Vietnam to China|
Based on the latest policy on pandemic control, as of now, all Chinese and foreign passengers bound for China from Vietnam shall apply for the Green Health Code (HS/HDC code) according to following requirements:
I. Testing Requirements
1. Passengers directly departing from Vietnam to China are required to take one PCR test in a legal medical institution recognized by the Vietnamese Ministry of Health within 48 hours before boarding. The health code application should be submitted to the Chinese Embassy/Consulates in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City or Da Nang according to where the medical institution is located (for more information, see Annex 1).
2. Passengers transit in or from Vi etnam to China are required to take one PCR test in either the country of origin or the country of transfer within 48 hours before the departure of the final direct flight to China. The health code application should be submitted to the Chinese Embassy/Consulates according to where the medical institution is located.
3. Passengers who have a COVID-19 infection record, show symptoms or are confirmed as close contact can apply for the health code as is required above with no additional requirements applicable.
II. Documents Required for the Health Code Application:
1. PCR test certificate with negative result;
- For the list of legal medical institutions recognized by the Vietnamese Ministry of Health, please check https://vncdc.gov.vn/danh-sach-cac-don-vi-da-duoc-bo-y-te-cho-phep-thuc-hien-xet-nghiem-khang-dinh-covid-19-cap-nhat-den-ngay-1972021-nd16289.html.
- The test certificate should contain specific information such as name, date of birth, passport number, date & time of collection, doctor’s signature or institution’s stamp, and institution’s contact information.
2. Flight itinerary;
3. Authentic Vaccination Certificates (if any);
4. Valid visa or other relevant residence certificates. Details are as follows:
III. Procedure of Applying for the Health Code
Non-Chinese passengers shall apply by visiting the website of http://hrhk.cs.mfa.gov.cn/H5/(or scanning the attached QR code in Annex 2) via computer or smart phone, and choose the Embassy/Consulates according to the location of the medical institutions, declare one’s health status and upload required documents together with the negative test certificate, which will then be examined and verified by the Embassy/Consulates. Upon approval, they will get a green health code with the "HDC" mark.
1. Please kindly notice that NONE of the airports in Vietnam provide PCR tests. Passengers bound for China please arrange the transiting trip via Vietnam cautiously and comprehensively, and ensure holding a valid visa corresponding to one’s purpose of stay. Please avoid unnecessary out-door activities after medical tests, be aware of personal hygiene and self protection, thus lowing the risk of getting infected before the trip, or getting stranded upon or after the entry.
2. Please read the above requirements carefully and follow accordingly. Applicants should be personally liable for any consequences caused by incorrect personal information, incomplete materials or untimely submission. Those who apply with documents forgery will not be able to obtain the green health code and will be held accountable for legal liability.
3. Applicants should apply for the health code as soon as possible once obtaining all the required documents. Embassy/Consulates of China arrange staff on issuing the health code everyday from 8:00 to 22:00 (including weekend and public holidays). Applicants will get feedback within 12 hours after uploading. Please wait patiently and check updates constantly, no need to dial or send emails repeatedly after upload.
4. Email Addresses of Chinese Embassy/Consulates in Vietnam:
- Chinese Embassy : email@example.com
- Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh city : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consulate-General in Da Nang: email@example.com
Annex 1. List of Consular Districts Division
- Consular districts charged by Chinese Embassy in Hanoi
Hà Nội, Hải Phòng, Bắc Giang, Bắc Kạn, Bắc Ninh, Cao Bằng, Điện Biên, Hà Giang, Hải Dương, Hà Nam, Hòa Bình, Hưng Yên, Lai Châu, Lạng Sơn, Lào Cai, Nam Định, Ninh Bình, Phú Thọ , Quảng Ninh, Sơn La, Thái Bình, Thái Nguyên, Tuyên Quang, Vĩnh Phúc, Yên Bái, Thanh Hóa, Nghệ An, Hà Tĩnh, Quảng Bình, Quảng Trị, Kon Tum, Gia Lai, Đắk Lắk, Đắk Nông, Lâm Đồng, Bình Phước, Tây Ninh, Đồng Tháp, An Giang, Sóc Trăng, Kiên Giang.
- Consular districts charged by Chinese Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City
Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Cần Thơ, Khánh Hòa, Ninh Thuận, Đồng Nai, Bình Thuận, Bình Dương, Bà Rịa Vũng Tàu, Long An, Tiền Giang, Bến Tre, Vĩnh Long, Trà Vinh, Tỉnh Hậu Giang, Bạc Liêu, Cà Mau.
- Consular districts charged by Chinese Consulate in Da Nang
Đà Nẵng, Quảng Nam, Quảng Ngãi, Thừa Thiên Huế, Bình Định, Phú Yên.
Annex 2. QR Code for the HDC Application Website